1. Contact the mentor by e-mail or phone within 24 hours. Explain your interest in meeting with him or her and set up a time to connect in one of four ways: meeting for lunch, phone call, skype/facetime call, or job shadowing.
2. If you are meeting for lunch or job shadowing, you and the mentor must travel to and from the public restaurant or workplace separately.
3. All meetings between students and alumni should take place in public restaurants or work places, preferably during daylight hours.
4. Over lunch, you can ask questions, present your resume for critique, and learn the value of networking. For this one-time mentoring session, the mentor will pay for your lunch.
5. All participants are expected to be living the standards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.